12 releases (breaking)
|0.9.1||Sep 23, 2019|
|0.9.0||Sep 1, 2018|
|0.8.0||Feb 15, 2018|
|0.7.0||Dec 29, 2017|
|0.2.0||Mar 2, 2017|
#13 in #multidimensional
1,323 downloads per month
Used in 12 crates (7 directly)
ndarray-parallel integrates ndarray with rayon for simple parallelization.
Please read the API documentation here
- Parallel Zip
- Parallel elementwise (no order) iterator
- Parallel .axis_iter() (and _mut)
- .par_map_inplace() for arrays.
Status and Lookout
- Still iterating on and evolving the crate
- A separate crate is less convenient (doesn't use rayon IntoParallelIterator trait, but a separate trait) but allows rapid iteration and we can follow the evolution of rayon's internals. This crate is double pace: For every ndarray or rayon major version, this crate goes up one major version.
- TBD. Tell me about your experience.
- You'll need a big chunk of data (or an expensive operation per data point) to gain from parallelization.
How to use with cargo:
[dependencies] ndarray-parallel = "0.4"
Recent Changes (ndarray-parallel)
- Mark crate as deprecated, replaced by direct support in ndarray.
- Upgrade for ndarray 0.12.0
- Upgrade for rayon 1.0!
- Upgrade for ndarray 0.11.0
- Upgrade for rayon 0.9.0 by @cuviper
- Fix unused mut warning when using par_azip!()
- Upgrade for ndarray 0.10.0
- Add par_azip!() macro by @msiglreith
- Update Rayon dependency to 0.8.2
- ParallelIterator for Zip, including .par_apply.
- .par_map_inplace and .par_mav_inplace for arrays
- Require ndarray 0.9 and rayon 0.7
- Fix bug with array par_iter()'s .collect()
- Require for ndarray 0.8
- Clarify docs
- Add categories
- Initial release
- Elementwise parallel iterator (no order) and parallel axis iterators.
Dual-licensed to be compatible with the Rust project.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 or the MIT license http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT, at your option. This file may not be copied, modified, or distributed except according to those terms.