8 releases (5 breaking)
Uses new Rust 2021
|0.6.0||Sep 7, 2022|
|0.5.1||Aug 23, 2022|
|0.4.0||Jul 5, 2022|
|0.3.1||Jun 9, 2022|
|0.1.0||Feb 22, 2022|
#653 in Network programming
484 downloads per month
Used in 2 crates
This repository is the central place for Rust development of the libp2p spec.
Main documentation can be found on https://docs.rs/libp2p.
The examples folder contains small binaries showcasing the many protocols in this repository.
For security related issues please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not file a public issue on GitHub.
To report bugs, suggest improvements or request new features please open a GitHub issue on this repository.
For rust-libp2p specific questions please use the GitHub Discussions forum https://github.com/libp2p/rust-libp2p/discussions.
For discussions and questions related to multiple libp2p implementations please use the libp2p Discourse forum https://discuss.libp2p.io.
For general project updates and discussions join the biweekly libp2p Community Calls.
The main components of this repository are structured as follows:
core/: The implementation of
StreamMuxerAPI on which almost all other crates depend.
transports/: Implementations of transport protocols (e.g. TCP) and protocol upgrades (e.g. for authenticated encryption, compression, ...) based on the
muxers/: Implementations of the
libp2p-core, e.g. (sub)stream multiplexing protocols on top of (typically TCP) connections. Multiplexing protocols are (mandatory)
swarm/: The implementation of
libp2p-corewith the central interfaces
ConnectionHandlerused to implement application protocols (see
protocols/: Implementations of application protocols based on the
misc/: Utility libraries.
examples/: Worked examples of built-in application protocols (see
protocols/) with common
The libp2p project operates under the IPFS Code of Conduct.
- Be respectful.
- We're here to help: email@example.com
- Abusive behavior is never tolerated.
- Violations of this code may result in swift and permanent expulsion from the IPFS [and libp2p] community.
- "Too long, didn't read" is not a valid excuse for not knowing what is in this document.
(In alphabetical order.)
(open a pull request if you want your project to be added here)
- COMIT - Bitcoin–Monero Cross-chain Atomic Swap.
- Forest - An implementation of Filecoin written in Rust.
- ipfs-embed - A small embeddable ipfs implementation used and maintained by [Actyx][https://www.actyx.com].
- iroh - Next-generation implementation of IPFS for Cloud & Mobile platforms.
- Lighthouse - Ethereum consensus client in Rust.
- Locutus - Global, observable, decentralized key-value store.
- rust-ipfs - IPFS implementation in Rust.
- Starcoin - A smart contract blockchain network that scales by layering.
- Subspace - Subspace Network reference implementation
- Substrate - Framework for blockchain innovation, used by Polkadot.