Uses new Rust 2021
|0.0.10||Aug 16, 2022|
|0.0.9||Aug 16, 2022|
|0.0.3||Jul 25, 2022|
#383 in Web programming
34 downloads per month
A distributed background job manager and runner for Rust. This is currently in PoC stage.
Look at the documentations for details. In general the one time setup involves:
laterand required dependencies
- Define some types to use as a payload to the background jobs
- Generate the stub
- Use the generated code to bootstrap the background job server
Fire and forget jobs
Fire and forget jobs are executed only once and executed by an available worker almost immediately.
One or many jobs are chained together to create an workflow. Child jobs are executed only when parent job has been finished.
Just like fire and forget jobs that starts after a certain interval.
Run recurring jobs based on cron schedule.
- To fix: to delete recurring job.
This is PoC at this moment. Upcoming features are
- Multiple storage backend (redis, postgres)
- Delayed Jobs
- Recurring jobs
- Use storage backend for scheduling (to remove dependency to RabbitMQ)
- Ergonomic API