|0.0.4||Oct 27, 2022|
|0.0.3||Jun 22, 2021|
#1600 in Command line utilities
Container handling in Rust.
The goal is to implement functionality that can be used to handle Containers in Rust. More concretely -
- Functionality to handle Container Images (Docker and OCI)
- OCI Compliant Container Runtime
- CRI Server, so this can run on a kubelet.
- Tools/Utils that can be used directly.
The Goal is to make something that tools like skopeo, podman and runc achieve but implemented in Rust.
This is not even a
v0.1.0 yet, some functionality to 'inspect' docker images along the lines of
skopeo inspect is present so far and a few test cases.
Right now, one can
pull an Image.
To get started, one can try to run the following commands and check their output.
- Inspect an Image
$ cargo build # Run `image inspect` command # Add -d for debug -dd for trace log levels $ ./target/debug/intmod image inspect docker://fedora --config
- Pull an Image
$ cargo build # Run `image pull` command # Add -d for debug -dd for trace log levels $ ./target/debug/intmod image pull docker://fedora
To run the unit tests, run
The broad plan to implement the following -
- Image Inspect and Image Pull (So that a
rootfscan be created.)
- Basic Runtime support that will utilize above
rootfsto bring up a container.
- Add features like
- Runtime with support for VMs (Using rust-vmm).
- Front-end CRI server and other machinery needed (like
CNIsupport etc.) to make it run with