Uses old Rust 2015
|new 0.0.2||Jun 22, 2022|
|0.0.1||Jun 21, 2022|
#7 in #folder
44 downloads per month
- a tiny low-level command line application with a minimal API
- that provides the platform-specific, user-accessible locations
- for retrieving and storing configuration, cache and other data
- on Linux, Redox, Windows (≥ Vista), macOS and other platforms.
The application provides the location of these directories by leveraging the mechanisms defined by
- the XDG base directory and the XDG user directory specifications on Linux and Redox
- the Known Folder API on Windows
- the Standard Directories guidelines on macOS
This application is written in Rust, and supports Linux, Redox, macOS and Windows. Other platforms are also supported; they use the Linux conventions.
Add the application as a dependency to your project by inserting
dirs-cli = "4.0"
[dependencies] section of your Cargo.toml file.
It's possible to cross-compile this application if the necessary toolchains are installed with rustup. This is helpful to ensure a change hasn't broken code on a different platform.
The following commands will build this application on Linux, macOS and Windows:
cargo build --target=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu cargo build --target=x86_64-pc-windows-gnu cargo build --target=x86_64-apple-darwin cargo build --target=x86_64-unknown-redox
The Cargo.toml file contains additional information on how to minimize the binary size.
- Initial release, based on dirs-rs version 4
Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the work by you, as defined in the MPL-2.0 license, shall be licensed as above, without any additional terms or conditions.