1 unstable release
|0.1.0||Mar 8, 2022|
#151 in #udp
A rusty networking library for games.
Carrier pigeon builds on the standard library's
UdpSocket types and handles all the serialization,
sending, receiving, and deserialization. This way you can worry about what to send, and pigeon will worry about how
to send it. This also allows you to send and receive different types of messages independently.
Add carrier-pigeon to your
carrier-pigeon = "0.3.0"
Also check out the Bevy plugin.
The documentation can be found on Docs.rs
A quickstart guide that goes in more detail is found at
There is a simple chat program example in the
This contains a client and server command line programs.
- Connection, response, disconnect messages built in and extremely flexible.
- Configuration for buffer size, timeouts and more.
- Send/Recv calls take an immutable reference allowing for parallelism.
- Independent message sending.
- TCP and UDP connections.
- Client and Server types.
- Built in serialization/deserialization.
- Bevy integration (bevy-pigeon).
- Server discovery.
- Query support for server. (Optionally listen on another port and respond to query requests).
- Optional buffering of TCP messages (Buffer all tcp messages sent, then write them all when a
send_tcpmethod is called).
- Compile messages into MsgTable using macros.
To contribute, fork the repo and make a PR. If you find a bug, feel free to open an issue. If you have any questions,
concerns or suggestions you can shoot me an email (found in Cargo.toml) or DM me on discord
By contributing, you agree that your changes are subject to the license found in /LICENSE.