2 stable releases
|new 2.0.1||Jun 3, 2023|
|2.0.0||May 23, 2023|
#205 in Audio
110 downloads per month
Used in ness_stretch
Wave File Reader/Writer library in Rust, with Broadcast-WAV, RF64 and production metadata support
bwavfile provides a reader
WaveReader and writer type
reading and creating new wave audio files.
- A unified interface for standard RIFF and RF64/BW64 64-bit Wave files.
- When using
WaveWriter, wave files are transparently upgraded from RIFF to RF64 when required.
- Unpacked reading and writing of Integer PCM and IEEE float audio data formats.
- A unified interface for standard
WaveFormatExwave data format.
The library has extensive metadata support, with emphasis on film and video production metadata:
- Broadcast-Wave metadata extension, including long description, originator, SMPTE UMID and coding history.
- Reading and writing of embedded iXML and axml/ADM metadata.
- Reading and writing of timed cues and and timed cue regions.
- Multichannel, surround, and ambisonic audio data description including
surround channel maps, ADM
Some features that may be included in the future include:
levlwaveform overview data reading and writing.
- Sampler and Instrument metadata.
- Performance improvements.
- blits shows how to use
WaveWriterto create a new file with BLITS alignment tones.
- wave-inter uses
WaveWriterto interleave several input Wave files into a single polyphonic Wave file.
- wave-deinter uses
WaveWriterto de-interleave an input Wave file into several monoarual Wave files.
Note on Testing
All of the media for the integration tests is committed to the respository
in zipped form. Before you can run tests, you need to
cd into the
directory and run the
create_test_media.sh script. Note that one of the
test files (the RF64 test case) is over four gigs in size.