1 unstable release
|0.0.0||Apr 24, 2022|
This project is very early in developement.
Boundless is yet another keyboard / mouse sharing project. It is mainly implemented for my personal needs, so there are other projects that may have a greater feature scope or are more suitable for your needs. My use case / project goals, I use a gaming VM with gpu passthrough that runs Windows on a Linux host. Currently it is designed as Windows being the server and Linux the client.
- The server and the client both must know each other.
- On each host run the following commands.
- This will genenerate the private/public keys on this system.
- This will print the public key of this system.
PUBLIC_KEYis the output of
--public-keyof the other system.
- Start the server via
- Start the client via
- Switch input on the host running the server with
- On each host the argument
--enable-audiomust be used.
- On the client (linux) a null sink needs to be created.
pactl load-module module-null-sink sink_name=boundless
Why is Windows the Server?
- More robust in capturing input. UInput can be flacky when it come to capturing input. Causing keys to remained pressed for example.
- Some games simply don't work with virtual inputs or ban you for using them.
What are some future goals?
- Clipboard sharing.