15 releases (breaking)
|0.12.0||Mar 8, 2023|
|0.10.0||Dec 14, 2022|
|0.9.0||Nov 13, 2022|
|0.6.0||May 3, 2022|
|0.2.0||Mar 23, 2022|
#270 in Game dev
203 downloads per month
Bevy egui KBGP - improved keyboard and gamepad usage for egui in Bevy
egui is an immediate mode GUI framework, that can be used inside the Bevy game engine with the bevy_egui crate.
egui is very mouse-oriented, and while it does support tab-navigation, game menus should be navigatable by the arrow keys (and/or by WASD) and by gamepads.
This is where the bevy-egui-kbgp crate comes in. It allows to navigate egui widgets using the keyboard's arrow keys and using a gamepad's d-pad and left joystick (by default - all the controls can be redfined). It also allows activating these buttons from the gamepad.
Try it out in https://idanarye.github.io/bevy-egui-kbgp/demos/example
- Navigate the GUI using arrow keys and gamepads.
- Activate buttons from gamepads (egui already supports activation from keyboard with Space/Enter)
- User defined actions for the entire UI or for individual widgets.
- Customize all these controls.
- Key assignment.
- Support for comboboxes.
- Figure out how to support navigating out of textboxes.
|0.6||0.12||0.1 - 0.4|
Licensed under either of
- Apache License, Version 2.0 (LICENSE-APACHE or http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
- MIT license (LICENSE-MIT or http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT)
at your option.
Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the work by you, as defined in the Apache-2.0 license, shall be dual licensed as above, without any additional terms or conditions.